Keeping safe on the forum
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Keeping safe on the forum
Posted: 23/Feb/2009 at 11:02am
Rules for the forum
· Kindness and civility
· The forum is meant for parents and adult caregivers only.
· Posts by patients will be deleted, not because we don’t care but because we do. Care advice should come from one’s own parents and treatment providers not from strangers.
· Advice given on online forums is of variable quality and reliability. We are not health professionals but parents who have experience with caring for eating disorder sufferers. What may help for one family and loved one may not be right for another.
· This forum is an adjunct, not a replacement for professional consultation. We do not offer emergency assistance-when in doubt seek medical assistance first.
· Care should be taken with revealing personal information about your daughter (son) which may identify her and therefore be unhelpful for her recovery.
· Inappropriate registrations and posts will be deleted.
· When parents grow depressed and anxious under the considerable strain of care giving, it is essential to seek clinical assistance “on the ground”. We cannot provide therapy or interventions.
· Users can edit or delete their own posts and registration at any time.
· Please feel free to share your experience and opinion, but refrain from telling others what to do.
· Please be mindful and inclusive of the range of religious and cultural backgrounds using the forum.
· This forum has been set up by New Zealand families and is intended for Australasian caregivers.
Edited by edanz - 31/Mar/2009 at 9:55am
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum